Austin is a great place to be year-round, but there’s just something special about Spring in Central Texas. The bluebonnets are back and it’s a wonderful time to enjoy clear blue skies, moderate temperatures, and an abundance of fun things to see and do. We’ve gathered a list of our favorite free and low cost things to do around town that’ll keep the whole family happy and entertained during Spring Break.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
- Check out our top picks for the week with our What’s Up? Weekly – March 14 – 18
- Spend your week checking off the 100+ FREE Things to Do in Austin – Printable Checklist
- Make sure not to miss these 40+ FREE “Don’t Miss” March Events In Austin
- Check out our favorite Top 10 Things To Do In Austin Texas With Kids
- Keep the little ones happy with the Austin Area Bucket List For Preschoolers (100+ Things To Do!)
- Enjoy SXSW fun with the Free SXSW Guest Pass
- Learn about and play video games at the Free SXSW Gaming Expo
- Listen to live music at the Free SXSW Live Shows at Auditorium Shores
- Check out art and talk to artists from around the world at Flatstock 53: Free SXSW Poster Show
- Find your fun inside with 10 Ways To Keep Active Indoors In Austin
- Work on checking off some of the museums on our Printable Checklist Of Austin’s Free Museums
- See a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse Kids Camp
- Visit the Farmer’s Markets in Austin
- Go Hiking In The ATX: 10 Walks For Families In Central Texas
- Visit some of these Reader Recommended: Favorite Parks In Austin And Beyond
- Have fun Visiting The Cathedral Of Junk
- Visit the beautiful Hamilton Pool Preserve
- Explore the Beaches in Austin: Our Favorite Spots for Water, Sun, and Sand
- Splash around in these Swimming Holes In Central Texas
- Check out our Favorite Restaurants With Playgrounds In Austin
- Save on meals by discovering Where Kids Eat Free in Austin
- Looking to explore outside of Austin? Take one of these Fun Daytrips
More Spring Break Fun in Central Texas
- 2016 Austin Camp Guide
- Round the Rock – Spring Break in Round Rock
- San Antonio Moms Blog – Spring Break in San Antonio
- Houston on the Cheap – Spring Break in Houston
- 365 Bastrop – Spring Break in Bastrop
Looking for more free Spring Break fun in Austin?
Make sure to check out the Free Fun Calendar!