Baseball fans, rejoice! Round Rock Express Fan Fest is back for 2017! Everyone is invited to attend this annual festival on Saturday, March 25, where you’ll find all sorts of FREE family-friendly fun, starting with an Easter Egg Hunt at 10:00 a.m.
From 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on March 25, the Round Rock Express will welcome baseball fans of all ages to join in the spring training fun with Fun Zone Free Play, train rides, pony rides, a petting zoo, car show, and more. You can practice batting on the field, test your pitch speed in the Express home bullpen, and participate in a hot dog eating contest. Ben Hur Shriner’s Carnival will be there, too!
New this year, local Central Texas blog Round the Rock is partnering with the Express to bring fans a Summer Camp Fair highlighting all of the activities and camps available to children this summer in Central Texas. The fair will be hosted in the United Heritage Center during Fan Fest.
Don’t miss this annual celebration of America’s pastime. The 2017 Fan Fest offers something for everyone!
2017 Express Fan Fest Highlights
- Baseball Card Photos: Put on an Express jersey in the clubhouse and take your own baseball card photo – just like the pros!
- Batting Practice (10:00 a.m. to noon): Fans are invited down to the field to take a few cuts at home plate. The Express will provide helmets and bats.
- Beer Tasting: Brown Distributing will be providing beer tasting in the Beer Garden from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. (21+)
- Ben Hur Shriner’s Carnival: The west parking lot will host the Ben Hur Shiner’s Carnival.
- Bullpen Pitching: Think you can throw some heat? Toe the rubber like the pros and toss a few pitches in the Express home bullpen!
- Catch on the Field: Bring your own ball and glove to run around and play catch in the outfield.
- Express Fun Zone: Portions of the Express Fun Zone will be open including the rock climbing wall, speed pitch, sport court, and the bounce house.
- Express Kids Club Sign-Up: Young fans will be able to sign up for the kids club on the concourse behind home plate and at Spike’s Dog House.
- Hot Dog Eating Contest: Open to all fans, the competition will take place at noon with both a kids and adult heat. Pre-registration is required.
- Individual Game Tickets: Tickets to individual games, including Opening Day, will be available for purchase during Fan Fest at the Dell Diamond ticket office and online.
- Petting Zoo: The area under the first base gate awning will be transformed into a petting zoo filled with a variety of Spike’s four-legged friends.
- Railyard Sale: Stop by the Railyard Team Store to check out new merchandise and browse the annual sale.
- Round the Rock Summer Camp Fair: Looking for the perfect summer camp for your little one? Explore all the options that Central Texas has to offer this year. The camp fair will take place inside the United Heritage Center and is free for fans.
- Season Memberships: Available season membership seats will be tagged with flags highlighting Full Season and Fireworks plans.
- The Mustang Owners Club of Austin Charity Car Show: See some of the coolest rides around in the suite parking lot (adjacent to Hwy 79).
- Scavenger Hunt: Fans can embark on a self-guided tour of various areas of Dell Diamond. Each location will have a clue that will give fans more information on a unique aspect of the stadium and a hint for the next stop on the tour. Any fan who successfully completes the scavenger hunt will receive a Be Our Guest Card, good for two reserved-seat tickets for a regular-season Sunday through Thursday home game.
- Train Rides: Take a ride on the E-Train! Free train rides will be available outside of the United Heritage Center.
Single game tickets will be on sale during Fan Fest at the Dell Diamond ticket office and online at www.RoundRockExpress.com. While at the stadium, fans will have the opportunity to scope out the exact seat location for their season memberships with packages including Full Season, Fireworks Plus and Fireworks Platinum plans. Registration for the Express Kids Club will also take place, plus great specials and giveaways.
The Express open the 2017 season on Thursday, April 6, against the Nashville Sounds (Oakland Athletics affiliate). Single game tickets, season memberships, Flex Plans and Kids Club packages are on sale now. For more information on the Express, visit www.RoundRockExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter!
3400 E Palm Valley Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78665