Heartsong Music is having an Open House and offering FREE demo classes March 20–31, 2017. This is a chance for families to experience Music Together® and learn more about this local business that has been serving families in Austin for over 12 years. Carey Youngblood, the director of Heartsong Music, shares all you need to know to take advantage of this opportunity!
Where can you have uninterrupted musical playtime with your child, meet other moms, dads and families, and be a part of a wonderful musical community while supporting your child’s musical development as she learns important life skills? At Heartsong Music!
Heartsong Music teaches Music Together®, the internationally recognized music and movement program for children from birth through grade two—and the adults who love them. Beloved by millions of children, parents and early-childhood educators for over 25 years, Music Together serves 2500 communities in over 40 countries and connects families across the globe as they express and explore the basic human instinct for making music!
Classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical and can learn to sing in tune and keep a beat, provided that their early environment supports such learning. The program also strongly emphasizes adult participation!
Regardless of your own musical ability, at Heartsong, you can learn to nurture and enhance your child’s musical development and experience the joy so many parents and caregivers feel while singing and dancing with other families. Even if you don’t think you’re “especially musical,” Heartsong’s talented and highly trained teachers create a relaxed and playful environment that will help you feel comfortable discovering your own “inner musician!” Most adults say they grow musically, too, right along with their child!
Benefits of Attending Music Together Classes at Heartsong Music:
- Our classes provide an opportunity for music immersion with live singing, movement and instrument play as well as exposure to a wide range of tonalities, meters and rhythms.
- This is a fun activity that is inclusive of all members of your family. Parents, grandparents and siblings all make music together in the same class.
- Both you and your child can meet new friends by connecting with our wonderful community of Heartsong families.
- Music Learning Supports All Learning®! Your child will experience growth in her social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development, and in her confidence, self-esteem and creative expression.
- We honor all developmental stages and learning styles. Children participate at their own level, in a welcoming, supportive, non-performance-oriented environment.
- You will receive new ideas on how to incorporate music into your daily life.
- You and your child will bond as you spend quality time together while having fun being playful, silly and creative!
- Music Together is a research-based music education program that supports your child’s development from birth through grade two.
See what this program is all about by signing up to attend a FREE Demo Class March 20–March 31. Choose from one of the demo classes below—and bring a friend!
Music Together Mixed Age (birth to 5 years old) at Heartsong Music (map)
- Monday, March 20 – 9:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 22 – 9:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 5:00 p.m. and *6:30 p.m. (*pajama time class)
- Thursday, March 23 – 9:30 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
Music Together Mixed Aged (birth to 5 years old) at Various Austin Locations
- Monday, March 27 at Thinkery – 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, March 27 at Wells Branch Library – 10:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 28 at Book People – 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 29 at Westbank Library – 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 31 at Baby Earth – 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Music Together Mixed Age (birth to 5 years old) at Assisted Living Facilities
- Tuesday, March 28 at Brookdale Spicewood Springs – 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 30 at Autumn Leaves Memory Care – 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 31 at Brookdale Northwest Hills – 10:00 a.m.
Music Together for Babies (8 months and younger) at Heartsong Music (map)
- Wednesday, March 22 – 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28 – 12:00 p.m.
Music Together Rhythm Kids Level One (4–5 years old) at Heartsong Music (map)
- Wednesday, March 22 – 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 23 – 3:30 p.m.
Music Together Rhythm Kids Level Two (5–9 years old) at Heartsong Music (map)
- Wednesday, March 22 – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 24 – 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28 – 4:00 p.m.
Click here to sign up NOW for one of these free classes—and please feel free to bring a friend!
You can also learn fun ways to sing and play musically with your child by joining Heartsong for their 10-week Spring Session of Music Together®, April 3–June 12, 2017. Register online NOW or call (512) 371-9506.