The LBJ Library started charging admission in 2013, but there are still several days a year that free admission is offered to the public.
Free Fun In Austin continues to highlight Austin area locations and activities that may not be available at this time. We encourage you to take all safety measures to keep yourself and your neighbors safe. It is our hope that the stories and features on this site will help inform your plans in the future.
- Martin Luther King Day – January 19, 2015
- Presidents Day – February 16, 2015
- Explore UT – March 7, 2015
- Memorial Day – May 25, 2015
- The Fourth of July – July 4, 2015
- LBJ’s birthday – August 27, 2015
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2015
- Austin Museum Day – September 20, 2015
These guests always receive free admission:
- Children 12 and under
- Active duty military
- Members of Friends of the LBJ Library and Future Forum membership groups
- Student groups (including school staff and 1 chaperone per 10 students) with reservations
- UT students, faculty, staff, and administrators with valid ID
- Members of other Presidential Libraries
- Adults: $8
- Seniors (62 and over) with valid ID: $5
- Retired military with valid ID: $5
- Children 13-17: $3
- College students with valid ID: $3
Parking for the LBJ Presidential Library is always free in the designated parking lot 38. Lot 38 features an entrance flanked by brightly colored LBJ Library banners. Please note that there are several University of Texas permit-only parking lots next to the LBJ Library guest parking, and parking in those permit-only lots may result in fines.
For more information, visit the LBJ Library website.
LBJ Library and Museum
2313 Red River St
Austin, TX 78705