Last month, I spoke at MetroMom’s Lunch and Learn Event, sharing a few of my favorite local spots for inexpensive outdoor fun. Now that the weather is cooler, it’s great to have some options for getting the kids outside to run around.
These are ten of my family’s go-to destinations in and around Austin:
|J. Lorraine Ghost Town
1. J. Lorraine Ghost Town in Manor – Free
2. Zilker Botanical Garden – $1 for kids (3-12), $2 for adults
The City of Austin has temporarily banned public gatherings. Please stay home. The Free Fun in Austin calendar is only for live digital events at this time.
3. Austin Nature & Science Center – Free
4. Laguna Gloria & Mayfield Park – Free
5. Cathedral of Junk – $10 donation per car
|McKinney Falls State Park
6. McKinney Falls State Park – Free for kids 12 and under; $6 for adults
7. Lake Pflugerville – Free
8. Round Rock Play for All Abilities Park – Free
9. Mueller Lake Park – Free
10. Dinosaur Park in Cedar Creek – Free for kids under 24 mos.; $7 per person