Free fun in Austin this weekend:
Looking for an Easter Egg Hunt? Addie’s rounded them all up for you here!
- Pinballz Easter Egg Hunt – Friday from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Hoppy Easter, every bunny! The fun kicks off with a FREE children’s Easter Egg Hunt. Children ages 12 and under are invited, with their parents, to bring their baskets and hunt for colorful, prize-filled Easter eggs. A few select eggs will even have 100, 250, and 500 prize ticket amounts inside to redeem for fun prizes. As an added bonus, you can “hunt” to find selected games set on only one token per play. To make the fun last even longer, print this coupon to get more bunny for your money. The Original Pinballz Arcade, 8940 Research Blvd, Suite 100, Austin.
- Easter Egg Dye-O-Rama – Friday from Noon to 4:00 p.m. Enjoy old-fashioned and new-fangled egg dyeing on the grounds of the Neill-Cochran House. Stop by from noon until supplies run out for FREE egg dyeing, iced tea, rice krispie treats, and maybe a round of badminton, all beneath the shade of the oaks and pecans. All materials provided. (Suggested $2 donation for blown eggs.) Neill-Cochran House Museum, 2310 San Gabriel St, Austin.
- Round Rock Express Annual Fan Fest – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. The Round Rock Express is bringing spring training to the fans once again, transforming Dell Diamond into an interactive fun zone for all ages. Fans attending this year’s event will have the opportunity to take batting practice on the field, throw heat in the Express home bullpen, and participate in a hot dog eating contest. Beer and wine tasting, as well as a sampling of Greenhouse Craft Food will also be available. Fans will also have the chance to take their picture with the Easter Bunny and participate in an Easter egg hunt on the field. View full event schedule here. FREE! Dell Diamond, 3400 Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock.
- Big Don Kids Show – Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Big Don’s goal is to entertain kids all over the world through the fun and energy of Hip Hop. Your kids are sure to love his energetic, danceable versions of classic children’s songs. FREE! Strange Brew, 5326 Manchaca Rd, Austin.
- Sky Blue and Prince the Frog – Saturday at 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Sky Blue (the less popular princess cousin of Snow White and Rose Red) has a major problem. Her step mommy is evil so Sky Blue decides she must run away. To find out what becomes of Sky Blue and her darling princess friends, join the Young People’s Theatre for this performance that’s perfect for children ages 2-5. FREE! Dougherty Arts Center, 1110 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Peter Rabbit Storytime and Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday at 11:30 a.m. Paramount Theatre is hosting a very special Easter storytime event. There will be an interactive reading of the Beatrix Potter classic, Peter Rabbit coloring pages, and an Easter egg hunt for your chance to win tickets to attend the show at the Paramount. FREE! BookPeople, 603 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Easter Egg Festival and Picnic at the Capitol – Saturday from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. A sweet “hunt” with the littlest friends (infants to five-year-olds) will be followed by races of egg-rolling for school age kids (Kindergarten to 5th grade) and there will be tables with face painting, cookie decorating, crafts, games, and more. A visit from the Easter Bunny is a special tradition. See the schedule here. Bring your cameras, blankets, Easter baskets, and a picnic lunch. Barbecue and hot dogs will be available for purchase with all proceeds supporting First UMC’s Eurasia Mission Team. Non-perishable food donations will be collected for the Capital Area Food Bank. Open to the public and FREE! Texas State Capitol Grounds, Colorado & 12th Street, Austin.
- Jo’s 17th Annual Easter Pet Parade and Costume Contest – Saturday from Noon to 3:00 p.m. Celebrate Easter with Jo’s Cofee and help raise some money for Austin Pets Alive. There will be lots of FREE activities for the whole family including a bouncy house, local vendors, the Easter Bunny, face painters, cotton candy, live music from the Andrew Nafziger Trio and, of course, pets in costumes. The parade, led by the Dead Music Capital Band, starts at noon, so grab a spot along South Congress to watch or just wait for the party to come to you in the Jo’s parking lot. Jo’s Coffee, 1300 S Congress Ave, Austin.
- Game of Thorns Easter Musical – Sunday at 11:00 a.m. Game of Thorns, an original musical event, retells the stories of Holy Week through the lens of the fictional characters from the popular Game of Thrones TV series. Woven into the story is great music by Stevie Wonder, songs from GodSpell, and much more. Join the radically inclusive people of Life in the City for this FREE community event. Appropriate for all ages. Life in the City United Methodist Church, 205 Monroe St E, Austin.
- Hope-y Easter at HOPE Farmers Market – Sunday from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. The Easter Sunday market has lots of fun in store. Find Johnson’s Backyard Garden veggies, toys, and other goodies during the Easter Treasure Hunt. Dance with the Hey Lollies. Dye (with veggie colors) Yard to Market Co-op Eggs. Plus, kids craft projects, face painting with Sparklefingers Body Art, brunch, fresh produce, and art. FREE! Plaza Saltillo, 412 Comal St, Austin.
Bonus nearly free fun:
- Steve Scott and the Couch Potatoes: Improvised Saturday Morning Cartoons – Saturday at 10:00 a.m. Move Your Tale and ColdTowne Theater collaborate to present What’s the Story, Steve?, a fully improvised, interactive journey through a story of the audience’s making, starring an improvising poodle named Steve Scott. Read Addie’s review. Great for ages three and up. FREE with a suggested donation of $3-$5. ColdTowne Theater, 4803 Airport Blvd, Austin.
And even more fun in the ‘burbs:
- Saturday Spring Family Tour Days (Manor) – Saturday at 11:00 a.m. See the farm’s new baby goats, sheep, and llama. There will be a hayride, cow milking demo, Faeriewood, gardens, tons of critters, plus local honey and homemade preserves available for purchase. The tour lasts about 90 minutes. Cost: $6 per person ages 3 an up. $3 for 2 year-olds. Under 2 are FREE. 10300 Taylor Lane, Manor.
- Easter Egg Drop Extravaganza (San Marcos) – Saturday from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The largest Easter egg hunt the San Marcos area has ever seen will have 40,000 eggs dropped from a helicopter in a designated zone for the kids. There will be multiple drops for different age groups, as well as a specific area just for toddlers. The helicopter will show up to drop the eggs starting at 11:30 a.m., so be sure to come early. In addition to the Easter Egg Hunt, there will be inflatables, face painting, a photo booth, a live DJ, and the Easter bunny will even be there. FREE! San Marcos High School, 2601 E McCarty Ln, San Marcos.
- Saturday Night Concert Series: Kelley Mickwee (Bee Cave) – Saturday at 7:00 p.m. Bring your family, friends, and a blanket to lounge on the grassy lawn during the show. Browse the vendors, order to-go food and have it delivered to your spot on the grassy lawn, and enjoy free kids activities like face painting or balloon twisters. Arrive early to ensure you get a free swag bag filled with fun items and discounts from the Hill Country Galleria merchants and sponsors. FREE! Hill Country Galleria, 12700 Hill Country Blvd, Bee Cave.
One fun shopportunity:
- Wynn Ruby Pop-Up Shop – Saturday from 12-4:00 p.m. Shop all your WynnRuby.com favorites like tinycottons, Gardner & the Gang, Nico Nico and more! FREE garage parking available! West Elm Austin Downtown, 1011 W 5th Street, Austin.